Saturday, October 13, 2007

Where did all humanity go?

Ever since we've adopted Sheru, people around our place make frequent visits to play with him, feed him & spend some quality time with him. It's such fun to see them enjoy themselves unbridled! Pets truly bring out a beautiful side in us, don't they?

But, there's a lot of negative energy as well. For instance, the little black one still hasn't found a home. And that hurts me SO much! She comes in to play with Sheru when she feels like it and is otherwise following her mother around.

A few days ago, a couple (returning from work) drove down on their bike, picked the little one and drove away with her. Obviously, I was thrilled! And I thanked the Almighty for giving her a home, finally. On informing my mom, I was in for a shock!


Apparently, this couple had taken her along with them once before. So I told myself, they probably wanted the little one to spend some more time with mommy and left her back here. Once she was 40-45 days old, they'd probably come back for her. Which they did! Sheru & his sisters are 40 days old today!

Come next morning and my dad tells me, he just saw the couple drive down on their bike & leave the little one back with her mom! They were off to work supposedly. So why did they take the little one this time? Some quality playtime after work maybe?! And what (?), the little one replaced a stuff-toy from a store?!

The previous night, Sheru's mom was wailing & searching up-and-down our street looking for her little one! Ofcourse, if someone responsible had taken her pup away to give her a loving home, I would have assured myself & her that this was for the best! But what kind of humane behaviour is this?! You keep her away from her pup for one night only so you have a fun evening?! ARRGGHHH...

Grow up! And not physically or mentally, but humanely! This isn't YOUR home, this isn't YOUR planet, this isn't YOUR world... ALONE!! We are ALL part of this system! Grow up and learn to take responsibility for other species as well!

It's things like these that make me wish we had never evolved as a species; that we should have been wiped out by all those larger, stronger, mighter beings millions of years ago! We don't deserve this life; not if we can't value another! So what if it is just a DOG's life?!

2 comments:

longblackveil said...

Ooof, that sucks. What's up with those biker freaks. Throw steel utensils at them the next time they try to take the pup for a jaunt.
That personality who got in touch with me earlier about possibly wanting the black beauty pup has been a no-show ever since. Wish I could do something. Svaari.

Pranjal said...

I intend to give them a piece of my mind, yes!

And don't apologize! You've been a great help! Thanks!