Friday, September 21, 2007

Please share your home

Before I get into my everyday posts, I'd like to make a sincere request to all those who might chance upon this site and are willing to share their homes with a stray dog. If not, please spread word among your friends who might be interested in caring for a little one.

A fortnight ago, a dog on our street gave birth to 3 wonderful pups. Today, I was able to play with them for a while and used this opportunity to take a few snaps.

All three with Mommy

Female 1

Female 2

Male 1 (If mom and munnu agree, might keep this one)

Last week my brother managed to click a few, while keeping a safe distance. This was when they were only a week old -


Please find it in your heart to help these little ones. You can also find more strays for adoption here.

(September 24th 2007) Update:
Mom & Dad SO love this little one. We've decided to keep him and are waiting for someone to welcome the other 2 into their homes. We haven't named him as yet, so suggestions are welcome.


(September 29th 2007) Update:
The little brown female has just found herself a home!! Hopefully it's a warm and cozy place and I must say, lucky people :)!

16 comments:

Anushree said...

Brinjal! Didnt know u blogged..good posts! And i m coming to ur place to play wid the pups!!! (err...hope they dont grow older by then :D)

Pranjal said...

Been around for a while; went public only recently :P...

Knowing your past 'visit-rate', they might just be as old as Munnu! hehe...

Anushree said...

If i had a permanent residence here, wud have taken a cute little one home :(
Anyway, will surely spread the message.

Pranjal said...

Thanks! That means a lot :)...

Anushree said...

btw, i really admire ur guts! I never would have dared to touch the pups with their mother around!!

Pranjal said...

Hehe... Wonder if you'd have touched them otherwise?!!

Me said...

hey lucky white one!
Will post abt the other two...

Pranjal said...

Thanks Sushruta, that means a lot!

longblackveil said...

My Suggestion: You should call him 'Chamko' :-). [In honour of very funny movie called Chashme Baddoor. I'm sorry but this is the sort of tripe you can expect from me.]
He's a doll. Am spreading word at my end. Hopefully the other cute-bums will find homes soon. They're a little bit of too kyoot! Rrrrrr!

Pranjal said...

Thanks Long,

Your suggestion's in the bowl. We pick this weekend!

Thanks again.

longblackveil said...

Hi Pranjal
Can we have contact details to get to you in case someone wants the cute-bums from your neighborhood? Mail in your details please. I've put up a notice on petnopolis.com > Adoptions page, as well. Hopefully we'll hear something.

Pranjal said...

Thanks Long,

I'm truly grateful for all the help! My email is available with sushrutha from 'adopt-a-stray'. I've also written in to adoptstrays@gmail.com. Do let me know if I need to send my details across again.

Thanks

Samba said...

You make animal lovers, without the fortune to have pets (a la I)jealous!

Pranjal said...

Really?! Hehe... I wonder what holds you back?!

Samba said...

My mom informed a long time ago that she had signed a lifetime agreement of mutual exclusion with pets!

Pranjal said...

Oops! Too bad. Hope you find a way out of that soon :)... Pets are a blessing!