Thursday, September 27, 2007

Back to 'Street-side-games'

Over the last 2 days, I've been trying desperately to sit in front of my system and get some work done. I'm not unwell or busy meeting people or even reading my long-awaiting novel; I'm running in-and-out of our home trying to keep 'P' with-mom and then without. Who 'P'? The little white pup who recently increased the member count in our family. So here's how these last 2 days have been -

It started at 2:30am, Monday morning. Yes, 2:30 AM! Somewhere in neverland a tiny sound of someone weeping. And then it got louder. And louder! Followed by the dodgy feeling of leaving neverland and the stubborn registration of my actual surrounding! That was no weeping, that was wailing.

P had fallen into an opening of a drain (Tch! Those drains, they always cross your path, don't they?) It took us 15 minutes to get him out. All that while his mother kept nudging at my dad's leg as if to say, "I tried! Please help!" Such a sight it was to see her lick P all over once he was out!

Three hours of erratic sleep and P's wailing again. From then to now, I've been trying to get him to his mum to feed him and bring him back home so he gets used to Munnu, us and his new home.

All that running up-and-down the street brought back memories of 'Hide-n-Seek', 'Gilli-danda', 'Lagory' & 'Phugadi'! Remember the pigtails and pinafores? What fun!


2 comments:

Anushree said...

Its difficult to find people with such good intentions today...be as you are!!

Pranjal said...

Thanks! I appreciate your thought!