Saturday, October 6, 2007

At the breakfast table...

Topic: Incense Sticks!

Baba: (matter of factly) "It has 30 sticks."

Aai: "Huh?"

Baba: "Well, it says it's a 30-day pack."

Aai: "It doesn't last us a month!!"

Baba: "Hmm."

Aai: "We use 5 sticks a day!"

Me: "Why so?"

Aai: "Well, Baba lights 1, I light 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening! So we barely manage 20 days with this pack."

Baba: (throwing a mischevious smile at me) "I thought you broke 1 stick and used it as 2!"

Aai: "That was before you guys argued over me being stingy! (Hmpf!)"

Me: "So we use up 1 pack in less than 10 days?!"

Baba: (matter of factly again) "Precisely."

Me: "Geez! The amount of child labor we promote!"

(moment's pause)

Baba: (sounding heavy) "Yes, beta!"

Aai: "Now you know why I split 1 stick into 2?!"

2 comments:

Deepti Dani said...

Ha ha ha ha...ROFL

Such a joy!!!!!

Pranjal said...

Know?! "Kya family hain!"