Friday, October 19, 2007

Scintillations ofcourse!

I'm walking Munnu like every other morning and I think I heard someone call my name (and in the right way, amazingly!). So I turn around and see a rickshaw halt some distance away. For a moment I wonder... and the very next, a long-lost friend (well, not exactly lost!) is standing 8 feet away from me.

He: (skeptically) "Remember me?"

Me: (faking skepticism) "Kind of... I think."

He: (confused) "Um... Er..."

Me: (grinning) "I'm surprised you're still alive, you know!!"

(The rest doesn't matter!)

We haven't met each other in 5 long years (and he's been living one street behind us for the last 2 years!). Even the sight of him brings back memories of 'the gang'. It wasn't much of a gang I guess, but we spent our college years together. And Lord knows those years are crazy! Crazy enough to make you miss them terribly!

He's getting married in December & I can't tell you how happy I am for him. Life does bring joy in sparks! Here's to you & yours, Nidheen - God Bless!

5 comments:

Sudi said...

Finally u guys met ..... join me as date for his wedding...ha ha ha ... i'm coming there ..

Pranjal said...

Sure will... It's gonna be one grand celebration considering it's a marwadi ceremony!

Smini said...

Meeting old Friends gives one susch a warm feeling, now that u mention this, I don't know if u know vijay (from mechanical).
This Guy tracked mailed me after all these years, ten days back. We called..it was such a nice feeling talkng about those "good old days".

When u say "Nidheen", he always reminds me of Pramod. pls ask pramod Why? :-)

Pranjal said...

Hmm... I do remember a face vaguely that my mind associates with the name Vinay. And yes, warm feeling indeed!

Now that you've planted the seed of curiosity, shall bug Pamu :P...

Sudi said...

daffer ... get ur eyes checked ..its VIJAY" not VINAY"...... anyways .... i agree with both of u...its great to meet old pals and share those times remembered from the college days ....

n marwadi wedding totally it is .... its a small world indeed .... his bride is maia's best fren ....