Thursday, August 20, 2009

...

Every once in a while I have this urge to pen something, to make a note of a particular incident, to make some memory last forever. And at all those instances, I've thought about my blog. This blog. But I haven't sat my ass down long enough to type each of those memories onto my keyboard. Why? 'Coz I've always ended up wondering, 'What the hell do I title it?' Yup. True to that last 't'. I suck at giving my blogs a title. And that makes me ignore my laptop (not just my blog) for days at a stretch. So there. My reason. Another reason.

What made me change my mind today? Hmm. I don't know, boredom maybe? Maybe another urge that didn't get bogged down by 'I have no title'? Or maybe I just plain wanted to reconnect. Whatever the reason, it felt good to update my 'books' section. And even better has been the feeling that I still have people looking me up! Thank you, whoever you are, wherever you are (although I know where you are from my livefeed, heh!).

Getting back to my daily routine - I'm not working on any projects anymore, so I get a LOT more time for myself. We've grown into the habit of sleeping late (and I mean REALLY late) and waking up late. After which I almost always go straight into my kitchen and get breakfast ready. Once Shree's out, I make my usual trip around the house cleaning and clearing every room. Following which I pick a new task for the day, like cleaning silverware or rearranging bedroom/kitchen drawers or doing an extra-neat bit with the dust-cloth. Bath comes next. More cooking, 'coz lunch time is just waiting to beat me out of breath and finally, peace. The whole afternoon. All the way up until 6pm. My time. Books, TV, Internet. Blissful. 6pm and get clothes off the line, put utensils back in their assigned places, evening diya ritual and it's back to cooking time. By 8:30pm we're done dining, and we either catch a movie or coffee or visit some friend's place. Back home by 12. Some more reading and lights off by 2... AM.

That's us. For the last few weeks. And I'm enjoying all of that. Thoroughly. For now.

7 comments:

R said...

You've some life. Yay on the time you have! I am itching for some too. Books, internet, TV is really all you need. And a walk alone in the evening :)

Smini said...

Feelin J.... I need a break... desperately....

Deepti Dani said...

That is cool! I am jealous too. Not because of the time you have at home, but what you do with that time. I am such a lazy bum that I don't do anything for a long time after Sagar leaves for office.

You'd think I would do something constructive with the time I get, but no...Khali dimag shaitaan ka ghar.

I am also facing the same problem with my blog. Short term memory when it comes to blogging ideas.

::thinks to herself "get back to blogging"::

Pranjal said...

@ R : I'm working on the 'walk' part. When you've got a nice big couch to lie down on... and some good coffee sending you dripping tongue to floor... walk seems to get SO hard... :(...

@ Smini : What's stopping you?!! No seriously, what is?!! Huh?! :P

@ Deepti : Believe me, I've done my bit of that as well. And then doing nothing gets boring until finally boring gets boring!! Man! You'll do SO much more soon ;)!

Pankaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
qingblog said...

Microsoft Office 2007 helps you accomplish your work more intuitively, so you can focus on the task at hand and produce better results. Microsoft office 2007 offers innovative and flexible ways to bring people together.

deep said...

Hi friend add my id for link exchagne :- deeplink1010@gmail.com
Seo Services
Free Hosting
Google Seo Serivces
World Exports
Home
Make a Home
Auto car
Leading Your Business
Entertainment
Blog Seo Services
Wordpress Seo Services
IPL Live Score
online education