Friday, May 23, 2008

Of people & vibes

Baba's enjoying IPL whole-heartedly. He's even got Aai hooked to it. Come 9pm and you can hear him go, "Ahh... this team's out..." or "That's a stupid shot bugger...". Aai chips in with comments too, which is fun to hear!

So a couple of days ago, Ujji asked me why I wasn't interested in cricket and that got me thinking - why? I've never been a cricket 'fan'. Then again, I've been a 'fan' of no game really; definitely not the kinds to sit in front of a screen either booing or cheering a team or person. I guess I'm not a TV person. I'm not even fond of any particular movie personality, now that I think of it. As far as sports go, I've always enjoyed participating in person. I enjoy my time at basketball courts, badminton courts, race-courses, etc. Basically, I like being there, doing it myself. It gives me a 'kick' of sorts; one that seeing someone perform or do the same, doesn't.

I have to agree though, when I do watch some people on screen, they leave behind a 'good' feeling. Ofcourse, not one to make me go buy their posters or watch their every game or movie. It's a few seconds feeling - like sparing them a few thoughts and that's about it. Stefanie was is one of them. More recently (blame this on IPL), Glenn McGrath has been added to this list. Again, he's an old-timer, but it's not his game or his performance that earned him his spot in my list. It's a feeling - a vibe :)!

So there, I've just explained the title for this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good scenary and mountains.
liked the snaps which place is this?

Pranjal said...

Munnar - hill-station in Kerala, South India.