Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hot under the Collar

I came across this post today by another of my own species. The title reads - 'Awesome girls' profiles ........taken from Shaadi.com!!!'.

For a moment it didn't register. And when it did, I could feel blood rising to my head! Reading the post initially made me sick, then hateful and finally pitiful towards the author. To my dismay, the author turned out to be a woman too!

It's such a pitiable society we live in, isn't it? Here are some women trying to rise from their otherwise mundane and ignored lives to find a special someone. Agreed, their choice of words isn't anywhere close to yours or mine. Or even the author's who wrote that post! But hell, how good are you or me or she when compared to let's say Tony Morrison or Ayn Rand or Pearl Buck?!

How can you possibly find humor in something that could mean the world to another?! It's just beyond me! Oh and ofcourse, I'm sure there would be the lot that comes up with - "Hey, it's just a gag!" Sheesh! Where do these specimens come from?!

7 comments:

Deepti Dani said...

I agree totally with you. I sent some flames there too :-)

I have read these profiles many times too, thanks for giving me a chance to express myself and speak up.

Pranjal said...

Anytime woman! Be my guest and rattle on! I'm glad you added your bit too on that post! I doubt she'll approve it though :)!

Deepti Dani said...

Well she approved of the other flames...mi kaay ghoda marla aahe ;)

Pranjal said...

Ess! Ghoda it is! Heh!

Samba said...

Speaks of how glad we Indians are to look down upon each other. Also speaks of our slavery to the English language, long after our Angrej ruler left us to rule ourselves. If the aspiration to love and be loved is reduced to proficiency (or the lack of it) in English, there should have been no romance in the minds of the Japanese and the Koreans. I can only conclude that the value systems and priorities of some of us are fornicated under complete consent from king beyond repair.

Deepti Dani said...

True, Samba... Angrez chale gaye, humein chhod gaye

Pranjal said...

Agree with both Samba & Deepti! It's quite a shame!