Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fussing over food

Aai has always complained about my eating habits. I've always had a sparse appetite, but that's just one of her concerns. She's making a big deal about what I like and don't almost every other day. Well, I guess that's quite understandable being my mother and all (and I guess I should appreciate the fact that I'm quite lucky in a million ways), but I thought I'd put the matter to rest once and for all. If I'm really that choosy, I should make room for more variety, right? So letsee, I'm making a list of things I think I consume & not -

Consume -
  • Milk & milk products
  • Eggs
  • Cereals & Pulses
  • Green Vegetables AND Other (er...um) selected Vegetables

Don't -

  • Beans
  • All types of 'gourds'
  • Vegetables that appear as fruit of a plant - Pumpkins, Eggplants, etc.

Hmm. I still think I have a healthy diet. My mom should see this list maybe! (Heh!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, home food. :)
Haven't visited home for past 10 years, surviving on junk.
Yes, u r lucky!
But I vividly remember, when I was a kid, I was very fussy bout' food.
Every time I saw dinner plate, I would doze off right on the dining table.
Once I fell flat in the dinner plate! Never slept on the dinner table after that!! :))
Now, did that ever happen to you?!! (eh?!)

Pranjal said...

Heh! That must have been a sight! Nope, I've never faced that situation! Hilarious!

And 10 years is a long time to stay away from home. So 'fly away home, fella!

Deepti Dani said...

That is too less!!! I eat more variety than that!!!!

Unknown said...

Pranju!!! How can a 'Varadi' mulgi not like Pumpkins and eggplants?!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Am reading Christopher Hitchins' book, God is not Great. You have to check it out. It's really good.

Pranjal said...

@deepti - Hey, my mom's going to read this list and so I'd like for you to say - "That's a healthy diet!" (grrr...)

@ladi-tai - Well, TRUTH BE TOLD! I like these vegetables when prepared the "South-Indian" way! Heh! Downside of being brought up in South India, huh?!

Also, I'm extremely elated reading The Word! I've never been a strong believer, but I guess over the last couple of years, I've changed into one :)! So before I get started on 'God is not Great', please tell me I wouldn't change my vies in any way (almost begging)!

Unknown said...

The title of the book is quite misleading(my view). It should be 'Religion is not Great'. I has not shaken my faith, because I believe God and religion are two very different things(my humble view again). It is very clever and interesting and has a history of humankind that is educational. Check it out when you can.

Pranjal said...

Great! In that case, that's next on my list! Thanks!

Anushree said...

All said and done, at the end of the day, the truth is...
you are fussy
:D

Pranjal said...

Agreed :). But coming from you?! That's something!