Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slouthful

My blog isn't the only 'thing' that has suffered in recent times due to my sluggishness; my trips to Crossword have been a rarity as well. Work seems to have taken a backseat and my search for 'The Seven Ages of Rock' DVDs, is almost a closed chapter.

But guess what?! I ain't complaining. And you know why?! 'Coz I've spent all this time reading books. Books that I knew made up my dad's collection, but were more often than not, ignored. And it would be drastically understating if I said, "It's been fabulous!"

Lying on a cozy bed, a quilt to protect from the occasional chill, some drizzles, a few heavy rains, warm sunshine here and there, not a soul intruding (:P!) and books! A few too many of them. No particular subject. Or actually, maybe there was - soul-searching - if that qualifies for a subject.

I think I could do this forever.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Pranju I'm so envious of you!! What books did you read? I want to send the boys and Prasad away for a day or two, get under the covers with a book or two and a cup of tea and read away.Happiness indeed!!I have a feeling I will have to wait till the boys start college to actually make it happen!! BTW, just finished Khaleed Hosseini's Thousand Splendid Suns. Liked it better than Kite Runner.Hugs to you.

Deepti Dani said...

Girl, when do you work? ;)

Pranjal said...

@ ladi-tai - Believe me, I feel (*frantically looking for the right word*)... energized(?!!). I've listed most in these columns. And I've got a whole other heap to finish :P! I hope you're able to get those two days off and enjoy this peace(?)!

@ deepti - Heh! My colleague and Baba are wondering too. And honestly, I'm not doing much. But it'll get done :). Inspiration - it always finds it's way :P!

Anushree said...

wow....reading is always so refreshing....i wish to lay my hands on a good one some day....with nothing else coming in the way!

Pranjal said...

Aye! Rejuvenating, if I may say so :). I hope you find what you're looking for :)!