Sunday, June 1, 2008

Maa-Baap ka PYAAR

We had dinner at India Gate on 100ft road, Friday night. Lovely dinner. Good drinks too. Aai ofcourse, always avoids drinks (not that she drives after that; she'd probably cause more damage without being drunk - Baba's words). So on our way out, I was busy messaging someone, my brother was picking up some extra saunf and Baba as usual, is way ahead. In that split second when all this is happening, my brother and me hear a THUD!, turn around and see Aai on the floor!

Apparently, she didn't realize there was a step and was happily thanking the manager for his services (my mom). So anyways, we helped her up, massaged her ankle and walked out. The first thing she can come up with - "Maazha mhaataaraa kuthey gelaa"?! - rather irritated.

Baba was holding the elevator for us, he went - "Buddhi padli-re-padli"! - with a BIG grin!

If there's anything I enjoy more than stand-up comedy... it's my parents addressing each other. One helluva couple!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like u drink too :)

Santosh said...

"Maazha mhaataaraa kuthey gelaa" ROFL Man ! toooo good :-) :-) :-)

I ve read this like a 50 times already, and each time it sounds funnier ! Wish you had captured it on camera :)

Ha ha ha !

Pranjal said...

@anonymous - *blink-blink* Clever!

@santosh - Heh! I'm glad you spent a moment laughing :)!

Anonymous said...

Kinda *surprising*
Amol

Pranjal said...

Why is that surprising?!

mangesh said...

hahaahhah maazha mhataraaa that gets a longest smile on my face ...