Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mystery solved

Rains are such joy. Hot pakoras, steaming coffees, warm quilts and couches...*sigh* absolute BLISS! Oh and there's the hot water bath! Although, for a few days now, the hot water faucet's been gurgling out some weird stuff. Last few days I've been seeing a lot of feathers in my bucket! While I didn't want to admit, at the back of my mind was a thought that maybe - just maybe - I'm dealing with a...! (Hey, I'm just really good with my imagination, so don't squirm!) I let the thought pass. And the feathers. They kept appearing. Today, I found a leg. With claws. One leg. (I told you my thoughts turn to reality! )

We spent the whole morning cleaning tanks - underground sump, cold water tank, hot water tank... and nothing... phew. There was not a single piece of evidence that it was a bird. But I swear I found a leg! So we decided to drain all pipelines. And nasty as it may sound - bit-by-bit, degenerated chunk of flesh kept finding it's way out through the hot water faucets. YUCK!

Now, the big mystery is - how did it find it's way into the water?! No tank is open. All have solid covers - metal or stone ones. There's absolutely no way some stupid bird flew down and got caught! The verdict?! - BWSSB (Bangalore Water Supply & Sewage Board).

And the verdict was unanimous.

12 comments:

Santosh said...

Eeeeeeeks how horrible ! am sure no point even trying to lodge a complaint somwhere !

Pranjal said...

Even if we did file a complaint, no one's gonna take responsibility - yaavudo pakshi madam... naav yen maadak aagat-tey - is the least I can expect :).

Smini said...

yaavudo pakshi madam nimma tank nalle irutte, namma kade inda barakke hege saadya...

nimma mane alle sariyaagi nodi

Pranjal said...

Heh! Thanks... that sounds more like it :)!

Anushree said...

ohh mann! Do u still find things coming out of the faucet? or has it stopped?

Pranjal said...

Not anymore! Yay! We did a good job at cleaning the whole thing up :)!

Anushree said...

ohh good.
btw i get a creepy feeling everytime someone says BWSSB....the name includes water supply as well as sewage..that doesnt appeal to me :D

Deepti Dani said...

Oh that is really gross... and that does sound like the reaction you are likely to get. But it is still worth a shot.

You'll never know.

*shudders at the thought of the one leg*

Pranjal said...

@pooja - I agree.

@deepti - haha... Can you believe I actually touched it?!

Deepti Dani said...

*shudders visibly*

Vikram said...

May be you should take that claw to a paleontologist - might be the remains of an ancestral dino bird from one of BWSSBs tanks.

Pranjal said...

Ok, you're late by a month-and-a-half! I didn't save the claw!