Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gung-ho?!

Two days after Heather posts this (...and for which I'd put all my bets on her, if she ever entered American politics - Heather, you absolutely rock!...), Obama comes out with this statement. Smashing or what?! He'll probably get a lot'a Indian fan-fare following him for that one statement! Think it's time to celebrate yet? No?! Well, here's another reason for Indians to raise their glasses tonight - the NSG waiver! MUHAHAHAHA... Baba and me were wondering last night as to how Dr. Manmohan Singh must be perspiring profusely after having put everything at stake for this deal. Well Mr. Prime Minister, we sure hope you sleep well tonight!

And if none of that brought a smile on your face, maybe this will... You've probably heard this number -

Pehli Nazar Mein - Atif Aslam
You can find the lyrics here

So I'm standing next to Aai in the kitchen helping her prepare dinner, when they play this track over the radio. Everything's normal until chorus starts; and Aai goes - 

"Bembi I love you, Bembi I love you..." 

(for the Marathi illetrate, Bembi translates to belly-button)

4 comments:

Deepti Dani said...

Oi, you are a ruthless teaser, you are! :P

Pranjal said...

Heh! As long as I got you to smile - I forgive myself... Heh!

mangesh said...

I agree wit deepti... :)

mangesh said...

hahaah watever but ur sense of humor is quite non humorous....