Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gardening Bouts

I'm not a plant-person; animal-person - yes, but not a plant-person. Someone wants me to tend to dogs, cats, horses, birds, if I get lucky - snakes, wild cats, primates, etc. - I'd do it without a blink; plants - and I'm a complete dodo - no offense to the bird. Aai on the other hand is a vehement plant-person. You can find her singing to them at times! She treats them like her own babies!

Over the last two days however, we've had some role-reversal. She's been cleaning up after my dogs, and me - getting my hands dirty in her garden. No, we're not in a mother-daughter bonding phase, it was more experimental - for the lack of a better word. I think her intention was to keep her garden clean. And mine, to explore earthworms. I've enjoyed it - I must admit. I can't say the same for her...

The part that made me sit down and make this post, is our common weakness for cleaning. Yup, cleaning. We both enjoy it tremendously. Infact, Ujji has gone far enough to say - "If you were tied up with some mafia crowd tai,... you'd make a perfect handler"... From animal-person to handler - Hmm... quite a transition you think?

On a side-note, here's something that's been playing in my mind over-and-over again -



Incase you're interested in the originals... here they are -
Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

P.S: Happy Friendship's Day!

5 comments:

Vikram said...

LMAO - seriously where on earth did you unearth this guy - quiet a load - resembles Ram in another 40yrs - at his current pace he'd make it there in 20..lol..

Pranjal said...

Apparently the guy suffered from obesity only in his later years - not as a child or youth!

As for Ram - agree... hands down!

Unknown said...

Hey Pranju,
Am reading Eckard Tolle's, New Earth. It is a phenomenal and a mind altering book. Check it out when you can.

Santosh said...

Me, Neither a plants not a animal guy ! And the video that you upload only shows a red cross mark to me everytime ! any idea how i set that right?

Pranjal said...

@ Ladi-Tai - Yup. Have that on my list. Someone suggested that one sometime ago. Thanks!

@ Santosh - I guess you've got some missing pluggins. Try installing the latest version of IE/Firefox, whichever you've got installed. Hope that works... Meanwhile here's the link. Yenjoy :)!